Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy B-Day RF! (not Ralph Fiennes...)


I delighted my mother this evening by informing her that it was Robert Forester's birthday. She hearts him. More to the point, she hearts his character from Jackie Brown, Max Cherry. She thinks he's sexy. Oh, mother, and her old man crushes.

I mention this because Robert Forester played Arthur Petrelli on Heroes. For a while he had ZQ's character, Sylar, convinced he was his dad! I'm also a big Robert Forester fan because he has a great Midwestern accent, just like me. I walk the fine line of sounding like Margie from Fargo and Tina Fey doing a Sarah Palin impression most of the time. I'm a big fan of famous people who sound like me, because I think actors are forced to shed all their uniqueness and lose there accents in the pursuit of roles, apart from the British and Irish, because those are charming accents. (Oh, my! I just checked the imdb and Robert Forester is from New York...well, what the hell is with the accent?)

I've had too much wine tonight...enjoy you're Zorn, folks.

4 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh real hard.

    And that picture is Teh Sex. Um, WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the incorrect form of "you're" at the end. It should be "your" I'm too lazy to change it. I really need to go to bed...and it's only Monday night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. After listening to Robert Forster as Arthur Petrelli, I was convinced he was a Midwesterner. Perhaps he spent a majority of his life in the Midwest after being born in NY, or lives in NY now, having been born/reared in the Midwest? Hmmm ... there was some series he was in when I was a kid and I liked him in that ... can't remember what it was [T.H.E. Cat?] ... but as Petrelli, he's the guy I loved to hate. I clapped when Sylar put the bullet in his head }: > ... and when Angela poisoned him ... a right bastard, is old Arthur ...

    ReplyDelete