
Like a a big sucker, when Star Trek came out, I went to Burger King to collect all the glasses. I never eat at Burger King. Ever. Unless I want to clean out my system for whatever reason, which is never, I don't go to Burger King. Well, the first week the glasses were available, Burger King was all the rage to me. I actually only forced myself to physically eat their food once in the pursuit of a glass...the rest of them were gotten by my husband who dutifully went to two different BK's in one day to get the rest of them for me, so that was awful sweet. Can I just say, if you ever plan on getting married, marry someone who completely and totally understands your weird little obsessions, and if your lucky, you'll get a spouse to actually participate in your weird little obsessions with you! Jim is such a great husband he ate Burger King twice to get me two Spock glasses. What a guy!
Anyways, I am currently using my Spock glass, having some water after a long day at work and blogging.
Here is my acutal post, or thought, or whatever for the day.
Today was a beautiful day out. It rained yesterday, and it's going to rain tomorrow. Well, yesterday I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home and it was pouring out. I was grumpy and my hair was a mess and I was all wet, but I was able to make myself smile...why?
Season Three of Heroes. Episode called "Into Asylum." Within the first 10 minutes of this episode Sylar shows up, all hot and evil, sporting what I call "Spock Hair" (I'm not sure if this season was filmed during, or right after Star Trek was filmed, but his hair is a little long, but longer in the back than in the front, and in Heroes, he wears it slicked back, I'm guessing to not look like Spock? I dunno, but it's hot.) I don't want to ruin too much for those of you who haven't seen the episode but he shows up in the back of another character's car, does his Sylar thing, and then disappears. Cut to, Sylar standing on the rooftop of a building, in the pouring rain, with Del Shannon's "Runaway" ("I'm a-walkin' in the rain....") playing in the backgroud...and here is the best part....Sylar is soaking up the rain. It is, quite possibly, the hottest like, 4 and a half seconds on television I have ever seen. He's drenched, his hair is all over the place, his mouth is hanging open, and then he looks directly into the camera. It's total fangirl (or fanboy) porn. He's hot, he's evil, he's wet, and he's looking right at you. It was pretty amazing. And think of that exact scene next time you are stuck out in the rain, your mood almost immediately improves!
I encourage you all to seek it out! And don't bother looking on Youtube because it's nowhere to be found. May I suggest Hulu? But not if you're in Ireland, I hear it doesn't work there. Bummer.
Enjoy the screen capture of the scene above!
Three words: Om Nom Nom - and I'm definitely not talking about the Burger King.
ReplyDelete