
I thought I would share this all with you. Today my delightful step-son had his Halloween parade (we live in Anoka, MN, which is the Halloween Capital of the World, in case you didn't know. Therefore it's all about civic pride, parades (3 total) and all kinds of fun stuff the last week in October in my 'hood.) Quinn, on his own, chose his costume.
He chose to be Spock.
It was a nightmare trying to find a child sized Spock costume! We finally got our hands on one. It was a little big for him, but it didn't matter.
Here is a quick funny story. We sent him to school this morning with all his costume gear, uniform and ears. I was a little worried that he would forget to put his ears on. I tell my mother this concern while we are waiting for his school to march by, Mom says, "Well, if he doesn't put his ears on he can just be...what's the name of the actor that plays Spock?" I laugh, "Heh, Zachary Quinto." "Yeah, if he doesn't have his ears he can just say his Zachary Quinto." I laughed so hard at that for more reasons than one. Mom must of like the response she got from me because she kept making that joke, and I would die laughing every time.
Alas, the ears prevailed. Behold the pics below. Oh, and he tied his coat around his waist because the pants were too big. Heh.
Oh, Q! How adorbz! He'd make ZQ proud! Such great pics, and he remembered the ears, yay!
ReplyDeleteQuinn looks so cute. He can probably wear that costume again next year; by then he'll have grown into it ... and what a sweetie you are to buy him one ... I know they don't come cheap. I'm glad you two have fannish interests in common ... how fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd I bet EVERY kid and adult knew who he was "supposed to be."